building slurm with rpmbuild and hwloc support
Pancorbo, Juan
2014-10-17 15:19:51 UTC
Hello,
we are running slurm2.6.9 and we are trying to use /task/cgroup plugin, but when we run a job we get the following error:
slurmd[lxa178]: task/cgroup: plugin not compiled with hwloc support, skipping affinity.

Slurm was built with rpmbuild to be installed as an rpm, so we try we to rebuild again slurm with hwlock support so that the plugin is recompiled again.
We tried first to use the .rpmmacros
cat .rpmmacros
%with_hwloc "--with-hwloc=/usr/hwloc/1.10"

Without success:
checking for hwloc installation...
configure: WARNING: unable to locate hwloc installation

We run the configure script
./configure --enable-pam --enable-debug --enable-salloc-kill-cmd --with-pam_dir=/etc/pam.d --with-munge=/etc/munge --with-ssl=/etc/ssl --with-hwloc=/usr/hwloc/1.10 --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc/slurm

And from the output:
checking for hwloc installation... /usr/hwloc/1.10

then we got the configure results inside the tar and build it again without success.
We also including this line in slurm.spec after
%configure \
%{?with_hwloc:--with-hwloc=/usr/hwloc/1.10}

And also didn't worked.

Anybody have an idea of what is needed to compile the plugin with hwloc support using rpmbuild?

Thanks in advance.

Juan Pancorbo Armada
juan.pancorbo-mG+***@public.gmane.org<mailto:juan.pancorbo-mG+***@public.gmane.org>
http//www.lrz.de