Slurm 2.6.0 MIC GRES support does not set OFFLOAD_DEVICES=-1 if no GRES requested
Christopher Samuel
2013-08-22 05:35:42 UTC
Hi folks,

I'm trying to set up SLURM 2.6.0 GRES support for MIC cards and I've
found that whilst the documentation says:

http://slurm.schedmd.com/gres.html

# If no MICs are reserved via GRES, the OFFLOAD_DEVICES
# variable is set to -1.

that doesn't appear to happen (OFFLOAD_DEVICES is not set) and I don't
see any evidence of code to do that in the current slurm-2.6 branch.

Is it an oversight, or am I missing something?

Currently I'm using a taskprolog to set it to -1 if it's absent.

All the best,
Chris
- --
Christopher Samuel Senior Systems Administrator
Email: samuel-***@public.gmane.org Phone: +61 (0)3 903 55545
http://www.vlsci.org.au/ http://twitter.com/vlsci
Yann Sagon
2014-10-15 15:01:38 UTC
Any news on that point?

I'm using slurm 14.03.1-2 and I see the same behaviour (and the doc still
says that OFFLOAD_DEVICES will be set to -1 if gres is not used).

Best