SLURM development environment in Linux containers (in case somebody will find that useful).
Artem Polyakov
2014-10-03 09:55:32 UTC
Hello,

I've started very small project (https://github.com/artpol84/slxc) to ease
SLURM beta-development on one-machine using Linux Containers (LXC).
Application (NOT system!) containers are used to isolate slurm components
from each other making them feel like they run on different nodes. No FS
isolation is needed thus no rootfs must be created. So virtualisation is
very lightweight. In my experiment running 50-node cluster without load
wasn't noticeable.
Current implementation is very my-specific and lacks of usage information.
But if somebody will find that useful I am opened for discussion.
--
С Уважением, Поляков Артем Юрьевич
Best regards, Artem Y. Polyakov