Is there line length limit for partitions in slurm.conf ?
Mike Newton
2014-10-08 13:23:42 UTC
We are in the process of moving our cluster from SGE to SLURM. Our cluster has a core set of nodes contributed by the central IT office and then researchers contribute additional nodes. The hostnames of the nodes reflect the owner, i.e. core-xx, chemistry-xx, genomics-xx, etc. In SGE we set a highprio queue on the researcher’s nodes that only they have access to and a lowprio queue on all nodes that everyone has access to. To implement a similar configuration in SLURM it’s my understanding that each group of nodes for the researchers would belong to their own partition with a higher priority as well as a common partition with a lower priority. I am concerned that the line for the common partition in slurm.conf will become very long after adding the different research goups nodes to it. Is there a line length limit (e.g 256 characters)?
--
Mike Newton