Slurmctld munge Invalid Credential
John Lockman
2014-10-13 23:50:42 UTC
Howdy slurm folks,

I'm trying to bring up slurm on CentOS7 but seem to be hitting an issue
with munge authentication. I can verify munge is working via: "munge -n |
ssh someotherhost unmunge" however when I startup slurmctld on my head node
I receive the errors "slurmctld: error: Munge decode failed: Invalid
credential

slurmctld: error: authentication: Invalid credential
slurmctld: error: slurm_receive_msg: Protocol authentication error
slurmctld: error: slurm_receive_msg: Protocol authentication error"

Using the latest build of slurm: slurm-14.03.8

$ rpm -qa | grep munge
munge-devel-0.5.11-1.el7.x86_64
slurm-munge-2.6.9-1.el7.centos.x86_64
munge-0.5.11-1.el7.x86_64
munge-libs-0.5.11-1.el7.x86_64

All clocks are in sync, all UIDs are in sync

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!
/john
Jacqueline Scoggins
2014-10-14 04:02:00 UTC
I had the same problem today. It was timing for me and then I remade the
munge key and made sure the permissions for the directory and file was
correct and also put it on the nodes.

It took a while and various changes before it started working.

Thanks

Jackie Scoggins