My database is cleared at 00:00h
Sergio Iserte
2014-10-01 10:52:32 UTC
Hello everyone,

I'm experiencing data loss everynight in my mysql database where slurm
writes its logs.
This is my slurmdbd.conf:

ArchiveEvents=yes
ArchiveJobs=yes
ArchiveSteps=no
ArchiveSuspend=no
AuthType=auth/munge
SlurmUser=slurm
DbdHost=virtualgap
DbdPort=6819
DebugLevel=1
PurgeEventAfter=1month
PurgeJobAfter=1month
PurgeStepAfter=1month
PurgeSuspendAfter=1month
StorageHost=virtualgap
StoragePort=3306
StoragePass=qwerty
StorageType=accounting_storage/mysql
StorageUser=slurm
Any idea about what's happenning?

Best regards,
Sergio.
--
*Sergio Iserte Agut*
*Research Assistant*
*Universitat Jaume I (Castelló de la Plana, Spain)*
Gary Brown
2014-10-01 20:44:37 UTC
Your subject indicates data loss at midnight (00:00h) and your
configuration indicates purging events, jobs, steps, etc, after one month.
Is the data you are losing older than one month or are you losing
everything?

Gary
Sergio Iserte

Sergio Iserte

Henkel, Dr. Andreas
2014-10-07 07:59:48 UTC
Hello Sergio,
do you have by any chance a cronjob running that cleans up some folders every night? Or is your system rebooted every night and your log file is located in /tmp?
Andreas

Sergio Iserte
2014-10-10 09:01:03 UTC
Hello Andreas,
it very weird because there is nothing cleaning anything.
I don't know what to do...

Thank you!