Building Slurm 14.03.x with FreeIPMI 1.4.5?
Andy Riebs
2014-10-02 18:22:40 UTC
Trying to build Slurm 14.03.6 with FreeIPMI, using

./configure --with-freeipmi=[PATH-to-FREEIPMI]

The configure log showed that the FreeIPMI test program compiles but
fails to link, with a bunch of missing symbols. After some
head-scratching, I discovered that I had to add "-lfreeipmi -lgcrypt
-lm" in order to get the test program to compile.

I worked around this by patching 2 spots in the configure script. I was
actually going to go after after auxdir/x_ac_freeipmi.m4, but autogen.sh
complained that it couldn't find AM_PATH_GLIB_2_0 or AM_PATH_GTK_2_0,
and I ran out of time.

It would help the world's FreeIPMI users if someone would fix this
appropriately (which looks like it may need to have a check for which
version of FreeIPMI is being used).

Andy
--
Andy Riebs
Hewlett-Packard Company
My opinions are not necessarily those of HP
Nathan Harper
2014-10-02 19:16:16 UTC
We're using 14.03.7 with FreeIPMI 1.4.5 and didn't have to do anything
unusual to get it built.

FreeIPMI was built from source into an RPM, then SLURM itself built into an
RPM.
--
*Nathan Harper* // IT Systems Architect

*e: * nathan.harper-0eSKoRi+iP310XsdtD+***@public.gmane.org // *t: * 0117 906 1104 // *m: * 07875 510891 //
*w: * www.cfms.org.uk <http://www.cfms.org.uk%22> // [image: Linkedin grey
icon scaled] <http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/nathan-harper/21/696/b81>
CFMS Services Ltd // Bristol & Bath Science Park // Dirac Crescent // Emersons
Green // Bristol // BS16 7FR

[image: 4.2 CFMS_Artwork_RGB] <http://www.cfms.org.uk>

CFMS Services Ltd is registered in England and Wales No 05742022 - a
subsidiary of CFMS Ltd
CFMS Services Ltd registered office // Victoria House // 51 Victoria Street
// Bristol // BS1 6AD